We are God’s workmanship, created
in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for
us to do.
Ephesians 2:10
Ideas for stay at home moms, teachers and anyone who loves to play with children

Monday, January 23, 2012

December Activities

Here are some more things we did in December, that I never got around to posting.
We made our first gingerbread house. This was an experience! I did not expect it to be that challenging or messy did I mention sticky. LOL. it was really fun but I just want not prepared for the mess and I assumed it would just come out amazing. It was a lot of work. We really enjoyed making it and H did more licking her fingers than anything but all in all I think I found a new family tradition.

I am prepared for next year and am so excited to see the difference as the years go by and we learn more about this each year.
Christmas tree pancakes! This was a lot of fun, I made pancake batter and added green food coloring and peppermint extract and put it in a squeeze bottle I got at Walmart for 97cents by the kitchen gadgets. I learned how to do this here! This blog has some of the most amazing pancakes.


Then I used it to make an outline on the pan that was like a Christmas tree. Make sure you pan is on low heat or you will not see the green.
Then filled in the outline with the pancake mix.

Here is how it turned out. I added blackberries to make it look like ornaments on the tree.

Reindeer breakfast: This was made with two pancakes one smaller than the other, two chocolate chips, ham cut like antlers and a red candy for nose.

SNOWFLAKE ORNAMENTS
So this is one of the coolest projects I think I have ever done. I love it and it was so simple. All it is is Borax laundry soap found in the laundry detergent isle. Hot water and pipe cleaner. First you make a shape with pipe cleaners I made a snowflake. Then add a string to hold it and attach to a pencil to hang. Heat water to almost a boil mix in 1/3 cup of Borax and stir in a glass jar till mostly dissolved and hang ornament in water high enough to cover completely. (like this)

Then just wait we did it at night and then checked it in the morning. and this is how it turned out.
completely amazing!!

And we made a Christmas tree from a sugar ice cream cone, left over icing from cupcakes and left over candies from gingerbread house. H painted and decorated the ice cream cone all by herself. Again she did a lot of licking of her fingers lol.


8 comments:

  1. Love this post! :) My friend sent me here for project ideas I could do with my kids. Thanks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! How many cones do you think you can get from one can of frosting? 3? 4?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking 3, you want the frosting thick enough to hold the candy :)

      Delete
  3. How long does it usually take for the icing on the sugar cone take to dry? I was thinking about letting the kids do this for my daughters birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what brand would you recommend be the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry it took so long to respond! crazy holidays. I just used Pillsbury and it worked great. the most one can could do is 8-9 we just did this in my daughters preschool class this year. but some kids only put on a little. and other gobbed it on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff. Wanted to pin to Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles 룰렛

    ReplyDelete