We are God’s workmanship, created
in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for
us to do.
Ephesians 2:10
Ideas for stay at home moms, teachers and anyone who loves to play with children

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apple prints

We have been talking about apples and pumpkins this week. The other day I let my little make apple prints. you take an apple and cut it in the middle and just let them paint with it and make prints.I think I put to much paint on the foil (which I reused from making biscuits for breakfast I like to try to reuse anything I can) The prints didn't come out the way I had planned for them to look but I have a strong philsophy that kids art should turn out the way they want it to be not the way we have it in mind. By the end of the project she had the two pieces of apple mixing the colors together and just swirling it on the page and then finger painting. To me it is not about the end result it is about the process. She loved it and that is all that mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment