We are God’s workmanship, created
in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for
us to do.
Ephesians 2:10
Ideas for stay at home moms, teachers and anyone who loves to play with children

Monday, September 26, 2011

Homemade Menu

My daughter is always asking me, "Mommy, what do you want to eat." she wants to take my order like at a restaurant. Only problem is no matter what I order she is out of that. lol so I said to myself I'll fix that, I can get her to make a menu for her restaurant from grocery store ads. That way I have to pick something on the menu. So I got some old ads and let her cut out what she wanted on her menu. She did fantastic cutting them out but I did have to trim them up a little to make them all fit on the page. I wrote Menu on top and what each thing was under the picture so she could see the written for of the word as well. then put it in a clear protector page and taped the top with packing tape. She loved it and loved cutting and helping me glue. I let her put the glue on and I put it on the page just to make sure it would all fit. Then she used the leftover ads to make a food collage.

Oh and by the way my first order was pasta salad and they ran out she already served it to daddy and it was to late to make more I had to chose something else. Oh well I tried.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea too, LOL! My two year old isn't talking yet, so I have been thinking of a 'menu' to help her communicate what she wants to us. I hadn't thought of using grocery store ads. I kept getting stuck on how printables don't look like the 'real' thing. Definitly going to scour up some ads when I get home today.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and it uses so much ink. I try to reuse as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete