We are God’s workmanship, created
in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for
us to do.
Ephesians 2:10
Ideas for stay at home moms, teachers and anyone who loves to play with children

Monday, September 26, 2011

Fishing for letters

For part of our ocean theme last week I found this cool idea from pinterest to use magnet ABC letters in the bath tub to go fishing for letters. I add some sea life things like fish, crab, shells, glass rocks, ect. to show the ocean part and to find out what was magnetic and what was not. I used her fishing pole and a magnet from an old name tag from work where I used to work(just tied it one and put a line of hot glue on string to keep it from coming off. She had so much fun, and keep doing it over and over for an hour! She even started to see how many she could catch at once. Her high score was four. Oh I used two drops of blue food coloring to make water blue

7 comments:

  1. where did you get her fishing rod? Such a cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. She got it for her Birthday my husband got it for her. They sell it at Walmart, Cabelas, Bass Pro shop, ect in sporting goods section

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! Just added to my Pinterest board :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! And so will my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! My youngest is autistic an takes like 4 baths a day (type of sensory play) She loves her lil fake fishing set I got her from Dollar Tree but it broke. Every time we pass fishing poles she wants one! We already add food coloring when she takes a bath (doesnt stain the tub or her) So I cant wait to try this!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea!!! I will try this with my granddaughter, Riley. She will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! Adult supervision would be imperative for kids under about 5 since magnets can be deadly if kids ingest them.

    ReplyDelete